This is a big deal...
- Randolph County, Indiana,
- Darke County, Ohio,
- Montgomery County, Ohio all use 211 services to help people.
Here’s what it is about -
Use a LAND LINE to dial 211
You will be connected to someone that is familiar with the various programs available to low income people. This could include -
- FREE or low cost heath care
- Energy assistance - this can include eHEAP funds which are emergency monies set aside to turn utilities back on if they have been disconnected.
- Low cost telephone service - Lifeline
- Rental / deposit assistance
- Food stamps
- Medical assistance
- Discounted food (they take food stamps on top of the discounted food!)
Here’s the deal - you’ve got to pick up a phone can call 211
It couldn’t get much more simple that that!